From the soothing sound of the Mokihinui River to our famously comfortable beds, you’ll experience the relaxation you deserve in the Rough and Tumble Bush Lodge’s guest rooms. The five rooms, each named after a Mokihinui River gold mine from the 1870s, feature ensuite bathrooms, handcrafted finishing touches, and sweeping views of the Glasgow Range.
Each guest room accommodates up to four people, with beds both downstairs and upstairs on a mezzanine floor. They’re great for couples and perfect for groups of up to four, with visual separation between upstairs and down.
Our accommodation is available seasonally – please see our bookings page for availability.
- Supremely comfortable beds with quality linens.
- Beds configured as kings or two singles both downstairs and upstairs.
- Ensuite facilities with shower.
- Large insect-screened picture windows both downstairs and upstairs.
- Views of native virgin rainforest and the Glasgow Range.
- Original local art and historical maps.
- Privacy and serenity.
- One guest suite (of the 5 available) has a wheelchair accessible bathroom. Please let us know if you require this suite.
- Free Wi-fi
- Guest phone available for use in lounge
- Shampoo, conditioner, and body wash
- Self-serve tea and coffee in the dining area
- Enjoyment of our famous hot bush shower
- TV with Freeview in the lounge
- Games, magazines and books
Food & Drink:
Please see our Food and Brews page for information on food and drink.